(Fwd) [TY] The chivalry of the SCA!

Poster: "Bryan S. McDaniel" <kestrelw@atlcom.net>

Date sent:      	Fri, 21 May 1999 04:23:08 -0700
From:           	"Heidi Van Scoy" <hyperone@easyriders.com>
To:             	<TY@reashelm.ce.utk.edu>
Subject:        	[TY] The chivalry of the SCA!
Send reply to:  	TY@reashelm.ce.utk.edu

Being new to the SCA, so new that I only have a mundane name, I was delighted to

find that this wonderful group of people I have chosen to associate with are
indeed just that!  Well traveling late in the evening last weekend, with my two
young children in the car, I broke down on I20 shortly before the Alabama State
Line.  This is not a good place to be alone, with two children.  Fortunately for

me two gentlemen pulled off the side of the road and offered assistance.  They
helped me to push the car so as to pop the clutch so I could be on my way (I
still had a four hour drive ahead of me.) What does this have to do with the SCA

you ask?  I fear I did not get their names or where they were from--and if they
are reading this I thank them profusely--but as I continued down the highway to
the next exit, and they past me--there in the back window was an SCA sticker!!!

Understand now my friends, that there is nothing on my vehicle to show that I
even know of the existence of the SCA!  Gentlemen where ever you are my children

and I thank you profusely for your help and hope to one day meet again at an
event!!!   (By the way, you were correct and my alternator has been replaced!)
And for the rest of you, indeed chivalry does live on!!

Bryan S. McDaniel      SCA aka Kestrel of Wales
kestrelw@atlcom.net    kestrelw@csi.com
http://kestrelw.webjump.com