From Fidonet (email ListRep here re replying directly)

Poster: SCA-Atlantia@f120.n109.z1.fidonet.org (SCA-Atlantia)

* Forwarded by NetMgr 0.99 [unreg]

Original message:

--
Date: May 21 '99, 07:19
Attr: Loc
From: Dave Aronson, (1:109/120.0)
To  : sunnie@exis.net, (1:109/120.0)
Subj: Re: Marinus trunk drawin
--
Brenna <sunnie@exis.net> writeth:

 s> Okay, this is my third try.  For some reason, even with only one
 s> picture, I cannot get this up on the MR, so we'll try it with no
 s> pictures.

An excellent decision.  Email is still predominantly a textual medium,
at least somewhat inconvenient, if not impossible, for most people to
extract pictures from.  Also, binaries such as pictures take up many
Many MANY times as much space as text -- and many people still pay by
the minute or kilobyte, or have limits on their mailbox sizes.  Of
course, it's all the more of a waste when the picture would be of
interest to only a relatively small portion of the audience it would be
inflicted upon.

 s> If anyone would like to see a picture, please e-mail me
 s> privately, and i will send them out on Monday.

Better yet, put it on a web page and post the URL to the list.
___
 * MR/2 2.1 NR * http://listen.to/davearonson (last updated 1999-05-13)