KWAR official flyer

Poster: Christoph & Sherry Hintze <chhintze@bmd.clis.com>

Unto all Atlantians and others gathered in the Merry Rose come greetings
and good wishes from Lord Christoper Storme of Kintail.  Here is the flyer
for the Coastal Alliance's Knowne Worlde Academie of the Rapier.

Those on other mailing lists throughout the Knowne Worlde are invited to
pass on the information as they believe appropriate - please note that the
flyer contains a URL for the soon-to-be website and contact information for
the event staff, and we will not innundate said lists with further postings.

In service,
Lord Christopher
Rapier Marshal, Shire of Cathanar, Coastal Alliance
Autocrat, Knowne Worlde Academie of the Rapier VI
Knowne Worlde Academie of the Rapier VI
November 12-14, C.E. 1999

The Coastal Alliance - the Shire of Seareach, the Stronghold of Raven's
Cove, and the Shire of Cathanar - offer a weekend devoted to the Arte of
the Rapier.

Friday evening we will host a revel (and early troll) at the Holiday Inn,
4903 Market St., Wilmington, NC 28405 beginning at 7:00pm.  We have
arranged for lodging at a discounted rate as well.  [$45/night for a queen
bed for up to 2 gentles; $55/night for two double beds or one king bed for
up to 4 gentles; and $75/night for a king bed and in-room jacuzzi for up to
4.  Price does not include 9% NC sales tax, but does include a HOT
breakfast buffet.  Children under 12 stay free.  Call 910-799-1440 before
Oct. 25 and mention the SCA to obtain these rates.  Contact our reservation
steward for crash space or campground information.]

Saturday we offer classes in Rapier and diverse artes, many merchants, open
sparring, and a novice tourney at the Warwick Center on the University of
North Carolina/Wilmington campus, a mere 5 minutes from the hotel.  (601
South College Road, Wilmington, NC  28403)  Sunday we return there for
sundry tournaments - and, of course - MELEES!  (This IS Atlantia, after
all!)  We plan to run a morning & an evening shuttle from the hotel.

Leave your feast gear at home!  Enjoy the complimentary breakfast buffet at
the Holiday Inn (guests only), then buy lunch on site for $5.  Saturday's
feast will be catered by UNC-W catering services and includes NC barbecued
pork, fried chicken, and various side dishes for $10/person.  Those with
dietary restrictions, please contact the reservation steward about the
possibility of arranging an alternate option.  Offboard seating is
available - but you'll miss the Atlantian White Scarf Challenge Tourney!

Site fee for the entire weekend is $7.  Children under 12 pay $4/site and
$5/feast; and those 5 and under pay no site fee, $5/feast.  Feast is
limited to 200, and a reservation paid is a reservation made!  Make checks
payable to The Shire of Seareach, SCA, Inc.  Sorry, we cannot accept
payment by credit card.  With your reservation, please indicate if you will
need transportation between hotel & site; if you require the services of
our Childrens' Steward; and if you plan to purchase our lunch.

PLEASE NOTE:  The site is dry as a bone BUT the hotel is sopping wet.  NO
"live" steel will be permitted on campus (fencing equipment is fine, of
course!).  Merchants are most welcome - please contact the merchant lisaon
or visit the KWAR merchant website.  Handicap accessibility is no problem
at either location.  The University is open to non-SCAdians; take
appropriate precautions with your gear.  Pets are not permitted at either
site.

For assistance, please contact the appropriate member of our KWAR staff:

Autocrat:  Lord Christopher Storme of Kintail (mka Christoph Hintze), 24
Dutch Treat MHP, Newport, NC 28570, 252-726-0612, email
<chhintze@mail.clis.com>.
Reservation Steward:  Lady Caroline of Seareach (mka Denise Jones), 106
Point Reyes Dr., Wilmington, NC 28412, 910-392-7346, email
<jonescd@uncwil.edu>.
Marshal-in-Charge:  Jehan Franc de Blauvac (mka John Bova) 252-635-3130,
email <jbova@gibralter.net>.
Rapier Classes:  Mistress Ceridwen ferch Owain (mka Linda Goldman),
919-776-6580, email <ceridwen@alltel.net>
A&S activities:  Geva de Lile (mka Ginger Liles), 919-387-6789
Merchant Information:  Wolf Kestris Rowanwood (mka April Riemann),
910-938-3804 email <wolffe@onslowonline.net>

For updates online, visit http://www.anglefire.com/on/ravencove/kwar
There is a merchants website at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Cypress/8673

Directions:
>From the Northeast:  Take your best route to Hwy 17S toward Wilmington.
The Holiday Inn is on your right shortly after College Rd. (Hwy 132).  To
reach the UNC-W campus from Hwy 17, turn left onto College Rd; the
Univesity drive is approximately 1 mile ahead on your left.  Follow the SCA
signs to Warwick Center.

>From the Northwest:  Take your best route to I-40 east toward Wilmington.
(I-40 is easily reached from I-95.)  Just inside Wilmington, I-40 ends in
Hwy 132 (College Rd.).  To reach the Holiday Inn, turn right on Hwy 17S
(Market Street) and watch on the right-hand side.  To reach the University,
continue on College Rd.  The University is on your left approximately 1
mile past Market St.  Follow the SCA signs to Warwick Center.

>From the South:  Take your best route to Hwy 74/74 east toward Wilmington.
(Hwy 76 can be reached from I-95 in S. Carolina.)  To reach the Holiday
Inn, once in Wilmington, follow signs for Hwy 17/74 (Market St.)  The hotel
is on your left shortly past Kerr Ave.  To reach the University, follow Hwy
76 (Oleander Dr.) and turn left on Hwy 132 (College Rd.).  Just past
K-Mart, turn right on Hurst Road.  Follow the SCA signs to Warwick Center.