Lochmere/Storvik in Today's Comics

Poster: SCAVard@aol.com

If you happen to have a newspaper which carries the comics "B.C." and/or "Non
Sequitur", (like the Washington Post) take a peek at today's offerings (Wed,
June 2).

(For those not in the know, Lochmere features a crab in it's heraldry, while
Storvik uses a Viking ship, known as a Drekkar, as it's primary heraldic
charge.)

In "B.C.", Wiley (I *think* that's the character's name) is on a raft in a
pouring rain, sharing it with a crab (sorry, I don't know the crab's name).

Wiley: "I'm f-f-f-freezing t-to d-death."
Crab: (Scurrying up the mast) "El Crabbo to the rescue!"
(Crab snips the sail, it falls and covers Wiley.)
Wiley: "Thanks, Crab!"
Crab: "Hey, man, what's a crab for?"
Wiley: "That's always been a mystery to me...."

In "Non Sequitur", a dragon-prowed Viking Drekkar sails past, with all of the
Viking shields lining the port side.  However, one of the shields is unlike
the others, painted as a "Happy Face".  The big-hatted Viking on the stern
says to a colleague, "Don't ask, don't tell...."

While neither are particularly flattering compliments, it's still nice to see
our neighbors getting some press.

See you in the funny papers!

Yours,
// Vard //