Cookies that travel well...

Poster: Chindora@aol.com

Greetings  :)

My Beloved was on the Stennis last year and they were in the Arabian Gulf for
most of the summer.  I found that making his favorite cookie recipe into bars
worked much better than actual cookies.  They travel much better than a
cookie, don't wind up in little broken pieces and stay fresh longer because
they are thicker.  I spread the recipe out in a pan and cooked it until it
was lightly browned so that they would not be hard as rocks.  After cooling
for an hour or so, I cut them into small squares and sealed them in ziplocs.
The packaged cookie bars were then put into tins which were in turn boxed up
for shipping.  He never had any problems with them being stale or with
breakage.

Good Luck to all of the Bakers...

Jane Devereux