Re: Period Sailing Vessels

Poster: "Doug and Maria, Sven and Ginevra" <ginevra@bellsouth.net>

>Poster: Shannon Keys <skeys@millenicom.com>
>
>Greetings to the Denizens of the Merry Rose,
>
>    Could some kind gentle point me in the right direction for finding
>information on period sailing vessels.  I would be interested in later
>period ships that were in use in England & Ireland.  Many thanks!!
>
>Medb Ui Tigh Mac Domhnaill
>Falcon Cree

Greetings to all interested,

There is a book I have on order called The History of the Ship by Richard
Woodman that should cover this area.  It covers everything from the ancient
ships to the development of rigging through history.  This book runs around
$60.
More than happy to let you see it once it gets here or xerox the desired
data for you.

Regards,

Blue Gin
(who much prefers rum)