Re: Dry vs Damp vs Wet

Poster: k rose <blackedraguin@hotmail.com>

>Poster: BawdyLady@aol.com
>Help, I'm planning a non-SCA event (a wedding) and am looking for a good
>site for the reception.  The closest ones we've found that would fit in
>with the renaissance theme are church halls.  However, they all have a
>no-alcohol policy.
>Dionisia de Vere
+++

M'Lady:

I don't know if this will help you, but someone wisely suggested area
historical mansions as a possibility for both theme and alcohol
'contentability'.  I have been to weddings in (forgive me, I am uncertain of
the exact names, but I'm sure someone here or involved in weddings mundanely
could help) Olney MD (Olney Manor), Rockville MD (a large mansion on a hill,
near the civic center I believe) and Sandy Spring MD (the Quaker Meeeting
house...a very pretty little site).  I might also suggest, Brookside Gardens
(Rockville) or Meadowlarke Gardens (has an indoor atrium- Reston? VA),
though I do not know their specific alcohol policies.  There is also the
plantation where the now Potomac Celtic festival used to be (Oatlands in
Leesburg, VA), but again, I'm not sure about the alcohol policy.

Best of Luck-and vivats
Aldhain Raithe