surrounded on 3 sides by Atlantia territory, and is conveniently
located for several Atlantia groups. ]

St. Dorothea's Day Massacre & Masque II

Saturday, April 29, 1995

The Incipient Shire of Sylvan Glen welcomes one and all to a day and
evening of unforgettable fun as we host our second event ever!

[ The event features:
    heavy, rapier, target archery,
    dance classes,
    a medieval games tourney,
    and an all-incusive A&S competition. ]

The A&S theme is apples (St. Dorothea is the patron saint of applies,
afgre all): the A&S categories are yours to choose -- carve, cook,
perform, embroider -- any form is fine, just as long as it is in
Medieval or Renaissance style and has something to do with apples.
Children's activities will be provided for a couple of hours in the
afternoon.

After that, we'll retire to a sumptuous and hearty two-course feast.
Then an air of mystery descends as we don our masks and attend the
masque. [ Prises for the best male & female masks. ] A desert bar will
be available for all.

The site opens at 10:30 a.m. and closes around 10:30 p.m. Merchants
are welcome [ tables provided ], but please pre-register and tell us
what you intend to merchant. No outside setups please. Entertainers &
musicians for the masque greatly desired.

On, member: $8 before April 15, $10 after. Children <=10 $4/$5.
Children <=4 free, but preregister so they can plan activities.
Offboard $4. Day trip/outboard $2.

Checks to Shire of Silvan Glen/SCA Inc. Reservations: Adriana Rose
Sanford, c/o Lisa Lindgren, P.O. Box 811, Inwood, WV 25428. (304)
263-9647. Autocrat: Fideleco de Rocheforte, c/o Paul Rochefort, 15
Karen Lane, Shenandoah Jct, WV 25442 (304) 876-3061.

Directions: The site is the Armoury in Martinsburg, WV. Find your best
way to I81. Take exit 12 and head east. Take the first right
(stoplight by Lowe's) onto Route 11 south. 1 & 3/4 miles later turn
left onto Kelly Allen. 3/4 miles later turn right -- it's the only
right. The Armoury is at the end of the street on the right. Do not go
to the guard booth, the site is before that. Signs should be visible
starting at Route 11.