Re: If not to Guild . . .

          This is a little risky, but I just can't resist the
          temptation.

          Lady Thalia asked Earl Dafydd for some suggested
          alternatives to using the term "guild."  Here's a thought:
          Why not just say "the crafters?"  Or the Free Crafters'
          Association?  Or the Tavern, or Cheapside, for that matter?
           Or Phredde?

          Aristotle got society into a lot of trouble when he really
          got nuts about naming things, or maybe it was God when He
          set Adam down in the Garden of Eden and told him to go
          around naming things.  I respectfully suggest that it's more
          the content and substance of what goes on that matters, and
          less what we call it.  Happy trails!

          Melisande