Re[7]: An Old Earl...

Daffyd writes:

>I forgot to mention the final fillip to the dating process I
>described.  The very important date, Atlantia's becoming a Kingdom,
>is commonly referred to as "WAY before Stew".  This event
>subdivides the pre-Stew period as follows:

     To Dafydd from Ianthe -

     Then I have been in Mundania since "WAY before Stew."  Imagine my
     culture shock upon returning only a couple of months ago.

     Who ARE all these people?  (The armies fielded at the Pointless War
     were bigger than those at Pennsic VI.)  I recognized only four people
     out of close to 200 at the University of Atlantia - Leighare, Ysabeau,
     Gyrth, and Melisande.

     When I left, Atlantia was poised to become a Kingdom; the Baka-Lingian
     Mafia had infiltrated everywhere; I knew every Eastern fighter (and
     most Atlantean ones) by name, weapons preference, and school or style
     of fighting; the East didn't go much further north than the southern
     end of New Hampshire; Pennsics numbered less than 2000 inhabitants;
     this whole D.C. area was "Storvik"; William de Montgilt was the only
     one fighting in a carapace; Badouin was wildly proud of himself for
     just having learned how to "bug the heck out of the enemy"; Richard
     was FINALLY blocking Gyrth's leg blows; and Strykar had a lovely head
     of black curls.

     Since I haven't experienced the intervening 12 or so years, I feel
     like a walking time capsule.  12th night in 1982 was only an event or
     two ago for me.

     Anyone willing to help a bewildered and Ancient Countess by supplying
     a high-points-only whirlwind tour of history?

     Ianthe