Re: Atlantian problems.....

Greetings from Richard Fitzgilbert,

> Moose Lodge/Checky House dominate the Crown lists, then generate ill will
> during their reign by playing power games that are viewed as unchivalrous.

> Bren of Elvegast

Wow! Now that's what I call a problem.  A tad short on specifics or
examples.  But, I'm being overly critical (say it ain't so!).

Disqualifier: Duke Anton is one of my closest friends.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, ML/CH have won three crowns.  Michael, by
himself has won twice that many and I can't count high enough as to count
the Olcastle wins (9).  I wouldn't characterize this as dominance.  Of
course, if you just look at recent history it looks more that way.

Now if you want to concentrate on Duke Anton's authoritative style.  I,
and Anton too (probably), would agre with you.  There might have been
times when he did the right thing the wrong way.  Which can be as bad as
doing the wrong thing.

You might wonder how things like this happen.  I'd like to point out the
time pressures that Crowns are under.  Six months is way too long and way
too short.  This causes different Crowns to react different ways.  Many
tend to let things lie and make the mistake of passing problems to their
sucessors without at least staring to address the issues.  Anton, and
others, would rather do the reverse.  Hurry a solution, so that the problem
is put to bed before the end of their reign.  Sometimes speed kills.

Richard.