RE: A Question of Honor

     Greetings!

     I have always thought that when one is dealing with questions of honor
     one must sometimes disregard the right or wrong of the situation.  If
     you want to behave with the most honor you take care of things by
     giving the most latitude to the person you are dealing with. (Always
     within reason, law and your moral code.)

     In this case my impression is that while Tom has not necessarily
     dishonored himself, the most honor would be gained by not arguing with
     Sarah.  If he simply paid her back and went to Jon for his money there
     would be no question of his honor.  He gets somewhat more work or
     problem (depending on Jon's willingnes to pay) but if his concern is
     that he be thought of as honorable this is the way to go.

     This is (obviously) just my personal opinion, but I have often found
     need to apply it to my personal life.  Ask what the goal is, then your
     path is easier to see.  If you are interested in honor it is one
     thing, if you are interested in right and wrong it may be another.

     Siobhan