Re: Yet Another Event idea - comments sought

> > > VIVAT! to that.  My Lady performs true middle eastern dancing, and I've
> > > come to dislike the SCA "jingle bunnies". They're so, ungraceful, or
> > > something.
> > >
> > They are far more graceful than one who would insult someone simply
> > because of their style of dress or dance in an area where even
> > laurels can not agree where period dancing recreation ends and purely
> > modern dancing begins.
>

> If you got the impression that I was insulting someone, then I must
> apologize.

No, you weren't insulting anyone in particular. In fact, I'm sure you didn't
mean to insult anyone. What you were doing is, in fact, common in the
SCA: Making a less than flattering comment about a group in the
society who doesn't play the game the same way that you and your lady
do. It's not even the particular that I care about, it's that people
in Society will mildly swipe at part of the Society and not even realize
that they're making a put-down. It's this unconsious attitude of judging
other SCAians as us (good) and them (not so good) that I take
exception to.

I just wish for a society where its members are not constantly
pigeon-holing its fellow members as "jingle-bunnies,' 'authonicity
(sic) police' 'interfering heralds,' 'rhino hiders,' etc., etc. After
all, it all started as a party with the notion that we should all
have fun together.

Alexii Stefanovich
Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols  |QOTD: For a list of all the ways
sjvn@access.digex.net      |technology has failed to improve the
Infobahn Traffic Reporter  |quality of life, press 3.