Re[2]: A question for Ianthe

     Henry writes to Corun as part of their continuing discussion on the
     correct pronunciation of my name:

Corun,

   If I understood Ianthe's response, in spirit, we can pronounce the
name any way we see fit.

   Truly, Ianthe must be a cosmopolitan sort of lady, and accustomed to
the well-meaning ignorance of foreigners. I will probably go with a
pronunciation of "hay - yoo", basically a wide interpretation of the
vowels with drastically softened consonants.

--Henry the Learned

     I reply to the obviously overworked Chancellor Henry, deep amidst
     catalog drafts for the upcoming University session:

     By all means, you may pronounce my name "Hay-Yoo."  Of course, if you
     do, I celebrate your spirit of cross-cultural tolerance by pronouncing
     your name "Ecki-Ecki-Ecki-Piyoo-Pitang".

     Oh, and that's "Countess Hay-Yoo".  I wouldn't want to anger Don
     Fernando by omitting his gift of love, thereby denigrating his
     accomplishment.  He celebrates tolerance in his own way, pronouncing
     my name "Moose."

     -Ianthe                                     kim.salazar@em.doe.gov
<Zero length text item>