From: John Francis] Stracke  <francis@insoft2.insoft.com>
To:  <atlantia-l@netcom.com>;  <sca-east@world.std.com>
Subject: Vikings in Cyberspace
Date: Wednesday, March 15, 1995 3:35PM

Thought some people might be interested in this (though it may be old
news; it appears to have propagated through 3 or 4 lists already [I
see infed-l@ccvax.unicamp.br, net-happenings@dstest.internic.net, and
ANSAX-L@WVNVM.WVNET.EDU]--Vikings get around a lot ;-):

>'The World of the Vikings' Project - a research project led by the National
>Museum of Denmark and The York Archaeological Trust over the past four
>years, in association with over 50 other museums and research institutions
>- is now on the web at URL:
>
>http://www.demon.co.uk/history/index.html
>
>The objective of the project has been to create the definitive multimedia
>information resource for university, school and library study of the Viking
>world (from Newfoundland to Constantinople and including much of Europe)
>and the Viking age (nearly three centuries of European history from AD800
>to 1100).
>
>The multimedia project archive (available on CD-ROM) is the first official
>publication of the Council of Europe 'Cultural Routes' programme.
>
>The Vikings home page will also provide links to other Viking history web
>resources such as the Viking Network (VNET), and other resources as they
>come online. If you require any further information please do not hesitate
>to email us at vikings@jjohnson.demon.co.uk.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeremy Johnson,
>The World of the Vikings Project
>
>vikings@jjohnson.demon.co.uk

|John (Francis) Stracke | My opinions are my own. | PGP public key available |
|Mechanicsburg, PA      |  I will not buy this .signature, it is scratched.  |
|francis@insoft.com     |                                                    |
  Francois Thibault          AFP of PA!       Shire of the Blak Rose (East)
  Argent, a cock gules, and, on a chief sable, three standing stones argent