Re: Forms of address

     The most excellent Corun MacAnndra proposes alternate modes of
     greeting:

There has been much talk of late, regarding how one addresses COuntesses
and the like. I am reminded by my friend, Aelfgar Greyseas of the Low
Profile (Ha!), that greeting such Ladies with "Hiya, Gorgeous" usually
suffices. He adds one caveat though. This is best used with Ladies with
whom you are already familiar, and who also like you.

   Checking to see if the associated Count or lord is nearby is always a
   good thing to remember when this mode is used.  If he is nearby, look
   to see how heavily he is armed.  Especially if you wish to accompany
   "Hiya..." with the traditional embrace.

   -Ianthe                                      kim.salazar@em.doe.gov
   [Hiya, Aelfgar! <wink>]