A song for whiskey?

Greetings to those gathered by the fire at the Merry
Rose from Branwynn Ottersby!

Anne Elizabeth requests a song or story and offers fine
whiskey as an enticement. I don't drink whiskey, but
my husband does, and were he here, I know he would
offer the following song he penned (if anyone wants
to know the tune, feel free to call, or wait till Pennsic...
or ask a few of the Old Guard Black Diamonders who
might recall the tune... sorta shanty-ish) for those who
are in a drinking sort of mood...

<ahem, ahem...mee mee mee> :^)

The Cup of a King, it never runs dry,
So it's kings for a day, lad, ah just you and I.
I've a brand new gold guinea I just brought from sea.
So it's kings for a day, lad, ah just you and me,
Oh, kings for a day, lad, ah just you and me.

Here's a drink to the lass, lad, you left on the shore,
You said you'd come back rich, but we drink ourselves poor.
Just live for today, lad, not the day we'll be free,
So drink like a king, lad, ah come drink with me,
Hey, drink like a king, lad, ah come drink with me,
For...

The Cup of a King... (etc.)

Here's a drink to the lads, lad, we left on the sea
They're the only ones of us who'll ever be free
We gave up our lives for a love of the spray
For it's seamen we are, lad, and seamen we'll stay,
Hey, seamen we are, lad, and seamen we'll stay.
For...

The Cup of a King... (etc.)

When you sail on the sea, lad, your life's in your hand
It's everywhere ocean and nowhere there's land
You live by the sail and you live by the oar
And when your term's over, you find yourself poor
And when your term's over, you find yourself poor
But...

The Cup of a King, it never runs dry,
So it's kings for a day, lad, ah just you and I.
I've a brand new gold guinea I just brought from sea.
So it's kings for a day, lad, ah just you and me,
Oh, kings for a day, lad, ah just you and me.

Take care,
branwynn
(sneaking back into the market behind her knight
before he finds she's gone missing...)