Re: A Ghost Story

     To Luther of Stierbach, greetings from Ianthe,

     Thank you for your cautionary tale of roadside shoes and hungry
     shadows.  Your story brings to mind an occurrence from many years
     ago.

     Aeons past, I and members of my household were on our way home to
     Carolingia after a Pennsic.  As we travelled back east on the
     King's Highway that bisects the Debatable Lands, by the side of the
     road we saw a familiar looking metal and leather object.  It was
     someone's leg armor - and for the time was quite an elaborate
     piece, too.

     We passed by too quickly to stop and walk back, but we circled back
     around at the next opportunity.  We figured that we'd pick up the
     lost harness and try to return it to its owner (such a tragedy
     among our Eastern fighting bretheren would eventually reach our
     ears).

     When we got back to that spot, nothing was there.  Not a strap, not
     a knee cop, not a rivet, not a buckle...

     After your illuminating tale, I can only conjecture that some
     unfortuate had donned armor to fight the Shadows, then fallen to
     his enemy.  We had interrupted the creature at its feed, then by
     the time we came back were too late to save even the humblest of
     remains.

     -Ianthe                            kim.salazar@em.doe.gov

<Zero length text item>