BD: Land Transfer

[As already sent to the Black Diamond Mailing List - send mail
to bdiamond@vt.edu to subscribe]

Greetings, all!
On 9 April, Hroulag Nilsen of An Tir wrote to The Rialto, among a list of
decisions made at the Second Quarter Meeting of the Board of Directors of
the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc., which occurred on April 8:

>    A few counties in Western Virginia where switched from Atlantia to
>Meridies. Both kingdoms approved and was requested by the majority of
>people living there.

So now it's official. If anyone was wondering, this has been in the works
for at least two years now, and it's good to see that the case is finally
closed.

For those of you playing along at home, these are the counties of Lee,
Scott, Wise, Dickenson, Buchanan, Russell, and Washington. What this means
is that if you take draw a line roughly due north from the very northeastern
tip of Tennessee to the West Virginia border, that is the new southwestern
boundary of the Barony of Black Diamond. Note that this cession does NOT
include Tazewell County, which includes Richlands, Tazewell, and Bluefield, VA.

Regards,
Duncan, who is very tired after one heck of a fun time at Atlantian University

P.S. - I would urge those interested to check out the full account of the
BoD meeting. Nothing that affects the rank-and-file much, but some
additions, subtractions, and (heh) divisions on the higher levels.
Tom Brady  804 Washington St. #4, Blacksburg, VA 24060   SCA: Duncan MacKinnon
   "Men are born ignorant, not stupid; they are made stupid by education."
  -Bertrand Russell          <a href="http://duncan.bevc.blacksburg.va.us">
  Check out my web page!</a> Info on Celtic music, SCA, GLB links, and more