Re: May Acorn, g&pd 6

Greetings from Tibor.

Deoca wrote:
                              Also, I don't have a clue what the g&pd 6 is! I
       don't have time to keep up with the Rialto, so I'm at a loss. Could
       you or someone please post an explanation of this g&pd 6?

Governing and Policy Decision 6, is an old response by the Board to how to
handle religion at events.  It was revised heavily when Corpora was rewritten
for the 1989 release (I presume by Hilary of Serendip, since she did the rest
of the re-write as well).

If you read it, you will see that it is a very nice policy: and not at all
like the interpretations that seem to be travelling around the Known World
these days.

	Tibor

6. POLICY ON RELIGION (June 1980, revised July 1988)

  Having no wish to recreate the religious conflicts of the period under
  study, the Society for Creative Anachronism, Incorporated, shall neither
  establish nor prohibit any system of belief among its members.  No one
  shall perform any religious or magical ceremony at a Society event (or
  in association with the name of the Society) in such a way as to imply
  that the ceremony is authorized, sponsored, or promulgated by the Society
  or to force anyone at a Society event, by direct or indirect pressure,
  to observe or join the ceremony.  However, this provision is in no way
  intended to discourage the study of historical belief systems and their
  effects on the development of Western culture.

  Except as provided herein, neither the Society nor any member acting in
  its name or that of any of its parts shall interfere with any person's
  lawful ceremonies, nor shall any member discriminate against another upon
  grounds related to either's system of belief.