Re: Period Painting

Greetings!

Abbess Patricia de St. Clemont wrote:

>Do I understand that an informal gathering of university
>scholars is in the making for early July?  I am skilled in the
>use of pre-14th century painting techniques - especially egg
>tempera panel painting, gilding and all aspects of
>iconography.  I am also well versed in the care and use of the
>many poisons that artisans encounter in their craft.
>Would these skills be of interest to the scholars of this realm?
>I would consider it a blessing to share them.
 Patricia du St. Clemont, abbess

Yes!  Yes!  A thousand million billion -- well, UNCOUNTABLY many
times, YES!

Collegium Borealis will be taking place at the Incipient College of St.
Stephen on Saturday, July 1.  PLEASE submit your WONDERFUL
MARVELOUS NIFTY class idea to Lady Melusine Meleri ferch
Iasper, known as Meli -- she can be reached electronically at
sharon@intercon.com, or telephonically at 703-425-8284.

I believe the deadline is either May 20 or June 5 -- it keeps getting
changed -- but PLEASE submit this!  This is a GREAT class idea!  I wish I
could take it ... :(

Yours in Service to the Dream,

Karen Larsdatter med det Usigelige Efternavn fra Skyggedal
Seneschale of the Incipient College of St. Stephen
(who will be too busy doing terribly important site autocrat stuff to
actually take classes, sniff, pout, whimper)
(and who has just realized that nowhere in the body of this letter has
she made sure to remind Abbess Patricia that the Incipient College of St.
Stephen is George Mason University, in Fairfax, VA, and is Another Fine
Product of the Barony of Ponte Alto)