From: david.razler@compudata.com (DAVID RAZLER)
Date: Thu, 11 May 95 00:19:00 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.org.sca
Subject: Barren Sands War/East War

Aleksandr the Traveller, deputy herald of the Shire of
Barren Sands, East Kingdom, sends greetings to all good
gentles planning on attending the annual Barren Sands War/
Southern Regional War Practice - and East Kingdom/Atlantia
get-together this weekend this coming weekend and offers one
IMPORTANT suggestion.

The site is a wonderful place for a battle - even has
working showers and plenty of room for archery and fencing
in addition to heavy weapons practice. However, sitting on
the shore of the Barren Sands, er, Delaware Bay, the water
is not the best-tasting in the world. While we are making
provisions for as many thousands of gallons of drinking
water and Gatoraid as the anticipated hundreds of revellers
may consume, I strongly suggest you might want to bring a
few gallons of your favorite beverages, whatever they be.

Plans for Sunday morning breakfast remain GO, as do plans
for a dramatic, daring quest and all manner of other
entertainments, in addition to limbering up limbs for our
annual friendly confrontation with the Middle Kingdom three
months hence. (Friendly enough Mid-realmers are, of course,
welcome and will be honored too!)

            In Service
         Aleksandr the Traveller
-----=====<< End Crossposted Message >>=====-----