Re: Will the Real Author Stand Up

To Leifr Johansson and all assembled Luther sends Greetings,

   I believe the major component of the "Doggerel" incident was the fact
that it was posted anonymously. In multiple off-list discussions regarding
the aftermath here, it seems that quite a few people have been abused in
the past, via anonymous email, in other forums. There seems to be the
automatic impression of ill-will on the authors part. I personally have seen
anonymous mail used, like a grenade, to start flame wars on many news groups and
mailing lists. Many lists now only allow subscribed members to post due to
anonymous posts, spam, and subscribe requests, sent directly to the list.

   Thanks for standing up, Leifr. I have been on the Atlantia-L since it's
inception and have always found your posts to be reasonable, often amusing.
If your name had appeared on the song, an entirely different light would
have shown upon it.

   Let's forget the whole thing and talk about Pennsic.

As Always,

Luther - luther@infodata.com