Re: Braveheart

Dafydd writes:
<1297 William Wallace gets ticked off with being hammered.  He <murders
<the English sheriff of Lanark, harasses the English court at Scone,
<runs a guerilla war for a while, then when the English respond in
<force he defeats them at Stirling Bridge (with Andrew Moray, who is
<killed in the battle).  Wallace names himself Guardian of Scotland.
<At this point Robert "the" Bruce is 24, the grandson of the Competitor
<Robert.

An historical account I read said that Wallace was given this title in a
ceremony conducted by Scottish nobles.  Several other Scots were also given
this title, but since I can't find my source I can't say who.  Any other
information?

Aye,
Eogan