SONG:The Cup of a King

Hi Xavier here (again)

This is #2 of a series of weekly song posts which I will
be posting until someone complains or I run out of songs.
Special thanks to Wynn Klosky on this one who posted this to the net.
And with stephen's song book webbed in the virtual library
that will be a while.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/s/sfcallic/SCA/ARTS.CRAFTS/song2.html

If anyone knows the tune for this or where the "little black song book"
resides on ftp I would like to hear from you.

 in service
Xavier

*************   SONG *****************************************

The Cup of a King (aka The Whiskey Song)

The Cup of a King, it never runs dry,
So it's kings for a day, lad, ah just you and I.
I've a brand new gold guinea I just brought from sea.
So it's kings for a day, lad, ah just you and me,
Oh, kings for a day, lad, ah just you and me.

Here's a drink to the lass, lad, you left on the shore,
You said you'd come back rich, but we drink ourselves poor.
Just live for today, lad, not the day we'll be free,
So drink like a king, lad, ah come drink with me,
Hey, drink like a king, lad, ah come drink with me,
For...

The Cup of a King... (etc.)

Here's a drink to the lads, lad, we left on the sea
They're the only ones of us who'll ever be free
We gave up our lives for a love of the spray
For it's seamen we are, lad, and seamen we'll stay,
Hey, seamen we are, lad, and seamen we'll stay.
For...

The Cup of a King... (etc.)

When you sail on the sea, lad, your life's in your hand
It's everywhere ocean and nowhere there's land
You live by the sail and you live by the oar
And when your term's over, you find yourself poor
And when your term's over, you find yourself poor
But...

The Cup of a King, it never runs dry,
So it's kings for a day, lad, ah just you and I.
I've a brand new gold guinea I just brought from sea.
So it's kings for a day, lad, ah just you and me,
Oh, kings for a day, lad, ah just you and me.

courtesy of
 "Wynn Klosky" Wynn_Klosky@qgate.ucar.edu

Eric Jon Campbell Sr Textile Engineering at NCSU
(alias) Xavier Campbell amateur blacksmith and brewer
http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/e/ejcampbe/xavier.html
Virtual SCA Library ( One I help manage )
http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/s/sfcallic/Library.html
TAAS (Triangle Area Anime Society)
http://www.catt.ncsu.edu/www_projects/TAAS/index.html