And the Winner Is . . . (Henry's Ankles)

     Greetings to all the silly patrons of the Merry Rose from Deoca,

     I hope that everyone enjoyed the Hal Bardic competition as much as I
     did. Life if too short not to enjoy the small pleasures! All of the
     entries were wonderful! It was a very difficult task to pick the
     winner, but we have arrived at one.

     And the winner is . . .
     "Henry's Ankles" by Leifr Johansson

     Yea, the crowd goes wild! The turn of phrase in this piece impressed
     all the judges. Leifr, I would still like to see the song version.

     All of the other entries deserve Honorable Mentions. Several of them
     were exceptional and the humor factor was way up there :-)

     So, Leifr likes dry mead, right? And what flavor do you prefer,
     Henricus Primus? You deserve at least a bottle of mead for putting up
     with the rest of us through this little competition!

     The mead will be presented at the Merry Rose gathering at Pennsic. It
     will be held at the Windmaster's Hill encampment, I have permission.
     What I don't yet know is which day it will be held. I will notify
     everyone as soon as I know. And, the mead will flow freely for all
     attending said gathering. I should have 20 gallons by wartime!

     Oh, does anyone know what the laws are about transporting home brew
     across state lines?

     Thank you all again for brightening my summer!
     Deoca Yarntangler of Elvegast
     jennyg@env.duke.edu