Knightly Duties

I've seen three nibbles, so I'll post it.  I got it out of Gautier, and he
attributes it
to St. Bernard.   Some parts of this are forbidden by Corpora to some
degree,
but articles III, IV, V, VIII, IX, and X are especially appropriate.

I. Thou shalt believe all that the Church teaches and shalt follow all its
directions.

II. Thou shalt defend the Church.

III.  Thou shalt respect all weakness and constitute thyself a defender of
them.

IV. Thou shalt love the country in which thou wast born.

V. Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy.

VI. Thou shalt make war against the Infidel without cessation, and without
mercy.

VII. Thou shalt perform scrupulously thy feudal duties, if they be not
contrary to the laws of God.

VIII. Thou shalt never lie and shalt remain faithful to thy pledged word.

IX.  Thou shalt be generous and give largess to everyone.

X. Thou shalt be everywhere and always the Champion of the Right and the
Good against the Wrong, against Injustice and Evil.