Subject: It's done at last!
Author:  Kim.Salazar@em.doe.gov at INTERNET
Date:    7/27/95 4:31 PM

    To my fellow inn-creepers at the Merry Rose, from Ianthe,
    giddy greetings!

    Were we all truly knee to knee in a tavern, I'd be leaping up
    to order a round for the house in happy celebration.

                  --> *#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# <-- confetti!

    I have finally finished my book on embroidery (the one that's
    been 14 years in the making).  Unlike my previous
    hand-drawn pamphlets, this is a Real Printed Book.  (I returned
    the galley proofs to the publisher yesterday night.  The thing
    at press even as we drink!)

    Pardon me for a crass commercial announcement, but those
    interested in period counted thread work might look for:

          Salazar, Kim Brody (as Ianthe d'Averoigne).  The New
          Carolingian Modelbook:  Counted Embroidery Patterns from
          Before 1600.  Albuquerque:  Outlaw Press, 1995.  205p.
          ISBN 0-9642082-2-9
          Library of Congress Catalog Card 95-70710

    It will be available from particularly enlightened SCA
    merchants (Alban, take a bow); and from mundane needlwork
    dealers and specialty bookstores, including Lacis in
    California and The Yarn Shop in College Park, MD.  A limited,
    numbered advance edition will be available at Pennsic.

    Now, suddenly having an eternity of time on my hands, I feel
    compelled to fill it.  Perhaps I'd better get a start on the
    garb I'll need to attend the War...  Fighting practice calls,
    too.

    -i.                               kim.salazar@em.doe.gov