Apologies, and EVENT spam..... 8^)

Greetings from Ellwood!

If people have been trying to reach me, I must apologize if you
haven't received any replies from me.  The email router hasn't
been working well.  I have sporadically been getting messages
from the outside world.  (In other words I've missed most of the
last couple of weeks' discussions).

Since the event is coming up soon, and folks will be heading out
to Pennsic, I thought I would get in one last try at our event
announcement.....

In surf-ice
Ellwood

 ------------------- 8<  Clip and save  >8-----------------------

Pennsic Pauper's Potluck
August 26, 1995

     CALLING ALL THE NOBILITY!!!  Come and see how the other
half lives!  Come incognito to this BELOW THE SALT event.  There
will be a heavy weapons Team Woods Battle.  Bring your own team
or come and be assigned to one.  Teams will consist of 4 to 6
fighters.  Children's activities will be provided; including a
boffer tourney.  If you have smalls requiring supervision,
please plan on donating at least one hour of your time to
helping with the children.  There will be an open A&S
competition.  Entries may be displayed or worn.  Documentation
IS REQUIRED;  entries without documentation will NOT be judged.
Also, documentation is limited to ONE page.  There will be indoor
gaming tournaments including Tarot Trumps, a Morris Tourney, and
other games.  The feast will be a potluck dinner.  We will
provide a variety of roasted meats.  Please bring a side dish or
dessert to feed 6 to 8 people.  Suggestions according to the
first letter of your modern last name: {A-G Dessert,  H-O Protein:
(cheese or beans), P-Z Fruits & Vegetables}  Refrigeration and
reheating is VERY limited.  If it must be kept cold, please plan
on bringing a cooler.  THERE WILL BE NO COOKING ON SITE!!!
After feast, plan to stay a while for a bardic circle and for
dancing!

     The event fee is $5.00 for members, $8.00 for non-members.
Smalls under 6 are free, but need to reserve space for seating.
The amount of meats being prepared will be based on
pre-registration so please register early!  There is also a $2.00
per car park entrance fee, so (if you can) plan to pack that car
or van FULL!  Camping is available through the park.  The fee is
$12.00 per campsite (limit 2 tents, 6 people) payable to the park
at the general store.  This site is STRICTLY DRY!  Site opens at
9AM and they lock the gates at 10PM sharp.  So make arrangements
to camp or be gone by 9:45PM.

Make registration checks payable to the Canton of Falcon Cree,
SCA, Inc.

Mail to:  Torquil MacTaggart the Steadfast
       MKA:  Dustin Mullins
       205 Cedar Circle
       Easley, SC   29642
       (803) 855-5251

Site Address:
     Table Rock State Park
     246 Table Rock State Park Road
     Pickens,  SC   29671

Directions:  The site is the BARN at Table Rock State Park.
It is approximately 34 miles Northwest of Greenville, SC.  Take
I-85 toward Greenville.  Then take Exit 51, I-385 to Greenville.
Take Hwy 276-Stone Ave. exit.  Go to the bottom of the ramp and
turn right.  Follow Hwy 276 to Traveller's Rest and Marietta.
In Marietta, turn left on Hwy 288.  At the flashing stop signal,
turn right onto Hwy 8.  At the stop sign at the end of that road,
turn left onto Hwy 11.  Turn right into the West Gate entrance
of Table Rock State Park (approx. 4 miles)  Then turn right into
the park and follow the signs to the barn.  (SCA signs will also
be up)