Merry Rose Gathering at Pennsic

     Greetings unto all the denizens of the Merry Rose and all the shoppers
     at Cheapside, from Deoca the overworked of Elvegast,

          Yes, we will gather at Pennsic. Let us gather on Friday night,
     between 7 and 9 pm, at the Windmaster's Hill encampment. For those of
     you unfamiliar with Pennsic, Windmaster's Hill is always on the
     Serengeti, somwhere near Atlantian Royal. I'll try to have the Merry
     Rose banner outside the gates.

     I know that there are many parties going on Friday night. That's why I
     specified our gathering from 7 to 9. Everyone is welcome to stay as
     long as they want, but those hours will be the "official" gathering,
     so we'll be pretty sure to have most everyone together at one time.

     Thank you all for being patient with me and the attempt to schedule
     this thing. The timing of Pennsic is designed for people who attend
     universities, not for people who work at them! Trying to be completely
     prepared for the return of students before leaving for the War makes
     my life very interesting every year in early August!

     I hope to see you all at the War. I'm looking forward to putting faces
     with the names that have generated so much silliness on the net this
     year. I think that the Merry Rose is a wonderful thing and I'm really
     glad we've had as much fun with it this year as we have. Let's keep up
     the silliness and remember, if you're not having fun, you're doing it
     wrong!

     Until next week,
     Health and Happiness to all from Deoca Yarntangler of Elvegast
     jennyg@env.duke.edu