Re: Javelins

>Subject: Javelins
>
>Quick question ... are javelins combat-legal in melees/wars?

Yes they are..but can only be used by heavy-authorized fighters (not for
example, archers).
They are a pretty obscure bit of weaponry. It's been years since I've seen any
in use. I'm
not sure that many marshals have ever seen them used, and, therefore, may not
recognize them as
being legal. Its always worth a try - just ask the M-I-C of the event.

Reinhard von Stettin,

Knight Marshal of the College of Yarnvid,
Squire to his Grace, the Duke Sir Bertrand de Flammepoing