Seeking some advice

Greetings from Istvan Dragosani!

I am in need of some advice.  It seems that in the past several months
that apathy regarding the Society is rearing its ugly in my shire, Sylvan
Glen.  I have just become seneschal, and I need some suggestions and/or
advice on what I can do battle this malady.  I am having trouble keeping
people motivated in the various activities.  At our last business
meeting, on Sunday the 19th, only one person showed up aside from myself,
which made the purpose of having the meeting all but futile.

I have been initiating a 'recuitment campaign', which it seems our shire
has never done before.  In fact, despite the fact that many people in
Sylvan Glen don't seem to care what becomes of the shire, one of the new
people that has come into our shire is well on his way to becoming our
Heavy Weapons Marshall.  I've been trying to hold a newcomers meeting at
least once a month, as well as having 'period' nights when we can,
usually in the form of a small potluck revel.  These have been successful
to some degree, but I feel as if the shire is not as 'together' as it
needs to be.  Or do you think that everyone is just going into
hibernation for the winter and will come out of hiding in the Spring?

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially
from other seneschals and chatelaines who have had similar experiences
themselves.

Yours in Service,
Istvan Dragosani
         Istvan Dragosani              | There is only one difference
       bmccoy@capaccess.org            | between myself and a madman,
 Disciple of the Eastern Mysteries of  |        and that is
         both Love and War             |        I am not mad