Never Too Early for love

Good Cousins All

On Feburary 3, Storvik is hosting an event which, in concept, is a high
middle ages recreation of a (centuries earlier) Court of Eleanor of
Aquataine, known to them only by legend.  Included in this
recreation of a recration will be a Court of Love.

Not only do I write to invite all interested to attend
(hint: see event announcement below), but to inquire of any
information/sources regarding medieval recreations of earlier events (ala
the Last Tourney, near and dear to our hearts but alas NOT medieval) and
the kind of errors/misinformation to which such pagents (if any) were
prey.

If any of you have such information, please e-mail me.

Thanks,

Beornheard

aka Jeff Tyeryar

	   - - - - Event Announcement - - - -

		NEVER TOO EARLY FOR LOVE

  On the Feast of Saint Blase, February 3, 1996, Corun and Brenna, Baron
and Baroness Storvik, summon their Court and invite all folk of gentle
birth to a day of dancing, merriment, song and divers proof that Love
doth reign in Storvik.  Several challenges will be fought for Love's
honor, and there may be a Court of Love.  Favor will be shown to those
who bear their Love's token about their person, or who speak with grace
of their Love.  There will be an open unjuried A&S display.  Please bring
banners and all manner of display to decorate the Hall.

  Site opens Noon.		On-board $11.00
  Procession at 1:30		Off-board  5.00
  Feast served after dusk
  Event ends 10PM
  Hall closes 11PM

  On-board reservations bust be received by Beornheard by Monday, January
29.  Reservations are limited to 125.  In extremis, call, but note that
telephone reservations are worth the paper on which they are written.
Crash space is available; contact Beornheard.

  Marshal of the Hall (Autocrat):  Lord Beornheard of Wearmouth (Jeff
Tyeryar, 3603 Oliver Street, Hyattsville, MD, 20782; 301-559-7852;
tyeryar@netcom.com). Cook:  Lady Aisha (Donna Randall, 202-723-2208.
Court Musician:  Felicia Eberling, 301-587-3711.

  Directions:  The site is the Margaret Schweinhaut Senior Center, 1000
Forest Glen Road, Silver Spring, Maryland.  Take your best route to the
Washington, D.C. Beltway (I-495) and exit onto Route 97 (Georgia Avenue)
north.  IMMEDIATELY, at the first light, turn right onto Forest Glen
Road.  The Schweinhaut Center is approx., 1.25 miles on the right.