re: Communications Decency Act (CDA) and the SCA

Greetings from Ian,
	I know that Ioseph gave me permission to distribute his songbooks
to people in the SCA for free up till the CDA was passed.  Then I am no
longer able to electronically transfer any of them that have the fun
stuff in them :-)   Personnally I hate the idea that someone has the
right to tell me that I cannot send these to friends over the internet
(referring to the CDA not Ioseph).
	I guess we will just have to do a lot more of it the old
fashioned way and actually mail them direct or heaven forbid :-) we
actually sing them to each other...

	Serving my Lady and the Dream,
		Ian

On Wednesday, February 7, 1996 at 12:02:49 pm EST,
Eric Jon Campbell <ejcampbe@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:

>I know that this may be a can of worms but how concerned should sca
>internet archivists be about "lewd or lascivious" lyrics online in
>songbooks.
>
>just wondering since the CDA will be signed tomorrow by good ol
>bill <<sarcasm (hint hint)>>
>
>jsut wondering what others of the merry rose might think
>
>-Xavier
>

>Eric Jon Campbell Sr Textile Engineering at NCSU
>(alias) Xavier Campbell amateur blacksmith and brewer

Chris D. Turner                      Ian O'Donnell
Charleston S.C.                      Barony of Hidden Mountain, Atlantia
Work: cturner@smtp.cnsy-ian.navy.mil (803) 743-8401 x167
Home: cturner@awod.com               (803) 572-8803