Early Music of Scotland

Greetings all.  Now, if you're a Scots bard like me, I know you get tired
of pouring through the Child collection, and scouring all those Celtic
folk recordings of yours for songs you can date to pre-1600.  Me too.  So
that is why I am recommending this recording that I came across.
ON THE BANKS OF HELICON: EARLY MUSIC OF SCOTLAND
by the Baltimore Consort.
1990 Dorian recordings

This CD is a collection of early Scots songs, both vocal and
instrumental.  Theyare mostly 16th and early 17th century peices, which
places them at the end of our period.  The words to all the songs are
included, as well and a detailed list of sources.

Just thought you'ld find it interesting.
Aye,
Eogan MacLaren