Re: 12th C. Middle Eastern Cuisine

> My research team is busy working on documentation for an event Storvik is
> considering for the Summer of 1997 - the Siege of Acre.  A question has
> arisen about sources to document 12th century Arabic and Egyptian food.
>
> Does anybody have any knowledge they could impart?

Cariadoc's Miscellany has a lot of information about Arabic food, and
his bibliography contains one 13th century Arabic cookbook, and
probably other interesting things. The Miscellany is available on the
web via the Med/Ren Food Homepage at:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/food.html

Cariadoc has also published it on paper for a long time, and many
scadian cooks have a copy.

Gregory Blount