Re: Selecting Crowns -- Definitions

Author:  Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU> at INTERNET
Date:    4/16/96 9:21 AM

       Want to know something funny about what Corpora says?

       Unless Alfredo left something off, there's NOTHING in Corpora that
       says that there can't be two, or three, or four Crown Lists, OR that
       the "Combat" so specified has to be single combat tourney style.

Well, one of the Governing and Policy Decisions does rule out Rapier, and by
implication another (aimed at waivers) implies that list combat is the stuff
that regular marshals supervise...

 Tibor

T-

(And I say this with my tongue so far up my cheek that it's in danger
of sticking out an ear)

I would certainly NEVER try to interpret Corpora in any way other than
by the letter of what it says, for fear of being caught in a
misinterpretation.  If Corpora doesn't specifically say heavy fighting
and does specifically exclude rapier, it doesn't exclude combat
archery, or water pistols, or boffer weapons, or cow patties at ten
paces, for that matter.

I can just see the weapons forms listing now - sword and cow patty,
water pistol and cow patty...boy, talk about mudslinging!

(rim shot)

Blackbow