Re: Duty(ies) of the Crown

Lady Karen the (very)Dane-gerous writes:

> Lord Henry Best and I were discussing the role of the king a few weeks
> ago at fight practice.  I'm still kind of wierded out that the majority
> of Merry Rosies are saying that the duty of the king is to hand out the
> cookies on time.

No, Karen, not ON-TIME, but AS APPROPRIATE.  There is a difference, or at
least -I- think so.

There are probably a lot of intangables which make it difficult to
clearly lay out prerequisites for any of the peerages.  Still, a Crown
should not ignore a deserving candidate, just because he has decided not
to give out any of that peerage that reign.

In Service
Leifr Johansson