Re: King and Canvas

>OK canvas is medival, cotton canvas is
>not.  So from what materials (fibers) would they have made the canvas.

It would have been linen canvas.  Wool (the only other option) stretches
when it gets wet.  Unless you felt it, but that technique was not used for
tents in Western Europe.  Silk and Cotton were both rare and expensive in
the renaissance, and Cotton was essentially non-existent before that.

I am the guy who taught the class on architecture, yes.  I'm glad you
enjoyed the class.

Dafydd