Somewhat out-of-period event needs help

To the Gentles at the Merrie Rose, greetings from one who lurks
here much and says little.

This year, Prince George's County, MD is celebrating its 300th
anniversary.  This is a bit young, of course, but I have the
impression that there are some of us on this list who indulge in
this period of history as well as the medieval.

The Riverdale Business Association is a *very* young organization
of small, semi-impoverished business people.  They're well along
in a project to take the run-down historic district of Riverdale,
MD, and turn it into a charming center for small shops in a
picturesque setting that includes the mansion and graveyard of
the Calvert family.  The Calverts were the original Lords
Baltimore.

On Saturday, Oct. 19, they're planning a festival celebrating the
founding year of 1696.  They're looking for people in the garb of
the era to add color to the celebration.  You're welcome to do
many things.  For examples, you can sell wares of the period, and
put on performances and demos, or anything else legal that will
educate the public and make it fun.  It will be held on the
sidewalks of the center, and possibly also on the ajoining grassy
hill around the tiny Calvert graveyard.  Space is free.  Some if
it will be very shady because the area is  covered at one end by
a huge overpass that provides lots of shelter (and surprisingly
little noise.)  The rest (including the hill) is out in the open.
The hill does include space suitable for period fighting
(fencing?) demos.

Prince George's County is just east of Washington DC.  Riverdale
is inside the National Capitol Beltway, northeast of the city.
For more information, write to:

     Emily Manning
     6220 Rhode Island Ave.
     Riverdale, MD 20737

Send details on what you can do, and the space needed.  Mention that
you're writing in response to Sherna's message on internet, since the
dear lady has no experience with e-mail, and won't remember who Moira
is.  :)

You may also e-mail me.  I'm not on the committee doing this, but
I do work in the doll shop and hospital in the historic center,
on Fridays.

Gentles, I thank you for your kind attention.  I now return you to your
regularly scheduled era.

                                                 Your Servant
                                            Moira Maureen ua Seamus
                                                (First Triton)