Caer Mear's Baronial Birthday

Greetings to all,

I am acting as a proxy for our busy autocrat.  Please make note of this
information and pass it on.  Hope to see many of you there.

Aedan

Dear Friends,
	Please find, enclosed, a Flyer for Caer Mear's Baronial Birthday.
 We anticipate a very good time and want you all to come celebrate with
us.  Let me reiterate that the feast is very simple.  If you desire
anything other than meat, bread and simple fruits of the season, you are
encouraged to bring it.  Please pass this invitation along to those of
your Friends and Cousins who do not enjoy participation in the "Atlantian
List".  Many thanks for your assistance.  In service to Atlantia, I have
the honor to be,
				Lord Werhener von Ingolstadt

Come one, come all to Caer Mear's 21st Birthday Party.

Dear Friends,
	On June 14th, 15th and 16th, Caer Mear will be celebrating our
21st anniversary.  We will be having a truly medieval event, that is to
say, PRIMITIVE.  The site is Sawyer's Field, near the corner of Azalea
Avenue and Meadowbridge Road in Richmond, Virginia.  We will be camping,
so bring your pavilions and your coolers, your camp stoves and your
imagination.  Also your water, as this is, indeed, a primitive site.  The
site is discretely wet, no original containers.
	We are planning a gala event, with activities for large and small
alike.  For heavy fighters, we have a cornucopia of fighting activities,
featuring counted bearpits, team melee's and a Grand Melee'.  This is a
300 acre field (or more).  If there is an army, there may even be a War
Practice, at his Excellency's discretion.  Rapier fighters will be offered
the choice of either an early tournament or a late tournament or both.
For competitors of a gentler nature, there will be games typical of a
mid-thirteenth century Bavarian festival.  Arts and Sciences will be
represented by works in progress, so bring your current project.  Come
evening, a simple feast of beast and bread, with fruits of the season,
will be served.  ("Hey BooBoo, its a picanic")  Lemonade will accompany
the feast.  A grand Bardic circle will follow with a sumptuous prize
awarded to the best entertainment, as judged by a panel of gentle ladies.
 Sunday morning may, we hope, bring Cambok with the sun.
	Fees for the event have been kept to a minimum, to encourage
attendance by all and sundry (especially sundry).  Four dollars buys
admission to the site.  A further four dollars brings dinner with it.
Reservations made after Emerald Joust must include two dollars premium for
inattention (that is, reservations after Emerald are $6/10).  Make cheques
payable to "Barony of Caer Mear, SCA, Inc."
	Directions to the site are as follows:
	From the North or South, make your best way to I-295, the Beltway
in Richmond.  Take the Meadowbridge Road South Exit and proceed down this
historic highway until you come to a swamp.  Just across the swamp, there
is a set of Railroad tracks.  About six hundred yards beyond the tracks,
on your left, is the entrance to the site.  Signs will be posted, at
intervals, to assist the lost.  If you have any questions, feel free to
call me, Werhener von Ingolstadt (AKA Vernon Willet) at (804) 226-2303
(before 10:00).  Reservations may be mailed to 2407 Carlisle Avenue,
Richmond Virginia. 23231. A paid reservation is a made reservation.  Come
join us for a Birthday Party to make Bilbo's head spin.  Your Servant,
				Ingolstadtus Autocratus