Stone Soup

> > Stone Soup...a rather charming folk tale of a pair of dashing rouges
> > who come into a town and convince the townsfolk to feed them by promising
> > to cook them a pot of wonderful stone soup.
>
> The one I remember is about people stuck in a jungle, who are to
> be eaten by the natives, et cetera, et cetera..
>
> For some reason, I'm also remembering an episode of "Land of
> the Lost", but this may be a misfiring synapse.

I remember this, too, but I'm not quite sure if it was the
_real_ "Land of the Lost" (with Marshall, Will, and Holly)
of my misspent childhood or that silly remake I watched in
my pathetically-squandered young-adulthood.

There was also a "Stone Soup" episode of "Little House On The Prairie",
where Ma Ingalls, as the substitute school-marm, tells the story to
the school children and inspires them to pitch in at the farm of the
regular school-marm (Laura Ingalls Wilder).  I think in the version
Ma tells, it's not a pair of rogues but a wise man, and the trick
benefits the whole village.

-- Alfredo

--
Alfredo el Bufon