Re[2]: The Virginia Renaissance Faire

Kevin of Thornbury (kevin@maxson.com) replies:

>I agree on the directions.. easy to get to.  Not crowded?  I would say *very*
>crowded.  Parking very muddy.  Don't forget they charge $2 per vehicle.
>Much smaller than the MD Fest?  By whose measure?  The land size was BIGGER,
>more permanent structures.  Food is always expensive.

My judgement that it was not crowded was based on the fact that I did not have
to fight my way through huge numbers of people to get anywhere, like my last few
visits to the MD Festival. We were able to find seating at each of the
performances, including the joust. The only time I had to check my normal long
stride was trying to exit the jousting field. Maybe I was just lucky, but it
seemed like there were fewer people where I was headed.

Oops, forgot the charge for parking, since I wasn't driving. Made me a little
miffed.

My size estimate could be wrong, but it also was based on the fact that I had
seen every merchant and was looping back for a second look after about 2 hours.
At the MD fair, it usually takes me much longer to see everything once. I also
judged its size by how tired my feet were from walking, and they were not tired
in the least.

>In summary, give it a year or two to grow into its own.  Has more potential
>than the MD RenFest.

I agree, it should mature in a couple years, much like the MD Fesitval did.

Josceline de Warenne
victoria@fcw.com