Emerald Schedule and Directions

Tanner -

>Also, speaking of rapier.  Is there a schedule of when the tourneys will
>be at Emerald Joust?  I've looked in the newsletters and on the web

I haven't got Web access, so I hadn't thought of it.  It's a good idea.  Can
you help me implement it this late?

In fact, it's such a good idea, I think I'll post it to the list, too.

NOTE TO ALL:  If you haven't sent reservations in by now, you've probably
missed out on both feasts.  Saturday sold out on Thursday and I have  >40 on
the waiting list.

     - Anarra

P.S.  I'm having formatting problems.  If you find every occurance of five
spaces and replace it with a tab, you will have a readable schedule.  Thanks!

     - AK

DIRECTIONS
Take your best route to I-64 West of Richmond, East of Charlottesville.  (I-
95 to I-64 is a good route from the North or South.)  Take the Oilville Exit.
At the top of the exit ramp go SOUTH.  In Approximately 1/4 mile, the road
will end in a T-Junction with Highway 250.  Turn RIGHT on 250.  Go approx 1/
2 mile and turn LEFT on fairgrounds road.  Go 3 1/2 to 4 miles and turn LEFT
on Maidens road (Maidens road is not marked.  There will be a brown and
white "Robert E. Lee Boyscout Reservation" sign and an SCA sign.) Go approx.
1 mile and turn LEFT into the camp.  Go RIGHT once you're in the camp.

THE SPEED LIMIT IS ***15*** MILES AN HOUR!

Site Rules

Our continued use of this site depends on the honorable conduct of all Gentles
attending Emerald Joust. Please follow these rules and help us enforce them:

- Everyone must have fun!
- Dogs must be on a leash--and the leash attached to a human
    being--or confined to a covered crate at all times.
- Children swimming in the lake must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children must not ride in the back of open pick-up trucks.
- The speed limit in camp is 15 miles per hour.
- Do not move or disturb any structures in the campsites
     (Picnic tables, tent platforms, etc.).
- Dogs are not allowed in any building.
- Do not drive or park on any grass for any reason.
- Do not dig pits for fires. Use designated fire areas.
- Camp only in designated camping areas.
- Only one car may be parked in each campsite.
- Persons swimming in the lake must wear at least a bathing suit.
- Park only in designated areas.

Alcohol Policy:

Alcohol will only be served to persons over 21 years of age, in accordance
with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. You may have your hand
stamped with indellible ink at Troll by showing proof of age. If you do not
have your hand stamped, or the stamp washes off, remember to CARRY YOUR ID
WITH YOU if you want to drink alcohol.

If you are hosting a party, check the age of persons to whom you are providing
alcohol. Do NOT serve alcohol to persons under 21.

Parking:

Please drive to your campsite, unload you gear, MOVE YOUR CAR to the parking
area, THEN set up. This will help alleviate congestion. There is extra
parking up the road from Troll in camping areas C and D.

Health Notes:

The insects are particularly bad this year due to a wet winter. Please
frequently check yourself, your significant other, your children and your
pets for ticks. Poison ivy is prolofic in the camp. The Autocrat recommends
a daily shower or swim for everyone. Please monitor your children closely.

Saturday Schedule

Event     Time     Place
Breakfast     8:00 until gone     Main Hall
Heavy List Opens     10:00     List Field
Heavy Authorizations     10:00     List Field
Rapier List Opens     10:00     List Field
Rapier Authorizations     10:00     List Field
Hound Coursing Demo     10:00     Field by Lake
Emerald Joust     11:00     List Field
Rapier Tournament     11:00     List Field
Archery Competition     11:00     Field by Lake
Ice For Sale - $1 a bag     11:00 - 2:00     `Trading Post'
Heraldic Consultation     Noon - 4:00     Main Hall
Inexpensive Alternatives A&S Competition Judging     1:30     A&S Pavilion
Period Encampment A&S Competition Judging     Sign up for Time     A&S
Pavilion
Baroness' Open A&S Display     10:00 - 4:00     A&S Pavilion
Road to Cathay Adventure (Ages 6 to 16 welcome - sign up for time in Troll)
1:00 - 4:00     Camp Savvy
(behind Main Hall)
Feast     6:00 - 8:00     Main Hall
Court     After Tourney     List Field
Bardic Circle     After Feast     List Field
Dancing     After Feast     Main Hall

Sunday Schedule

Event     Time     Place
Breakfast     8:00 until gone     Main Hall
Rapier List Opens     9:00     List Field
Queen's Champion Rapier Tournament     10:00     List Field
Atlantia's Finest A&S Display     10:00 - 4:00     Main Hall
Historical Display     10:00 - 4:00     Main Hall
Drop off Auction items     10:00 - 4:00     Main Hall
Young Children's Treasure Hunt (Ages 3 to 6 welcome)     11:30 - 12:30     Camp
Savvy (behind Main Hall)
Lunch     11:00 until gone     Main Hall
Ice For Sale - $1 a bag     11:00 - 2:00     `Trading Post'
Pas de Arms List Opens     Noon     List Field
Poeta Atlantia Competition - Drop off Entries     Noon     Main Hall
Pas de Arms Tournament     1:00     List Field
Children's Activities - Active Games (Ages 3 and over welcome)     1:30 - 3:
30     Camp Savvy (behind Main Hall)
Pick up display items and poetry entries     3:30 - 4:00     Main Hall
Royal Court     4:00     List Field
Feast     5:30     Main Hall
Kingdom Fundraising Auction     7:30     Main Hall
Lochmere Lawn Party     After Auction     List Field

Feast Sign-Ups:

At 3:00 each day, feast reservations for those who have not checked in at Troll
will be re-assigned to those on the waiting list. If you are on the waiting
list, check
in at Troll on Saturday, and at the Feast Hall on Sunday, around 3:30. Table
sign-ups are posted at Troll.

Monday Schedule

Event     Time     Place
Cambock (Game canceled if it rains)     10:00 - ?     List Field
Clean-Up     All Day     Everywhere