Re: Character of the Rose

> <Demetria, coming in late to this conversation, sits down next to Meli
> and fans herself>
>
> My good Lady, thou speakest aright.  I have ne'er met a merrier band
> of gentle folk than those seated in the Rose, and look forward well
> enow to the time when I can put face to name.  A good song, a
> well-turned pun, a lively jest, or livelier discussion...all of
> those things are what I treasure of the Rose.
>
> Truly glad-eyed at such a company,
>
> Demetria

Good milady Demetria,

	I have always been delighted at the level of chivalry, intellect, and
liveliness available in this place.  And every time I have been fortunate
enough to meet in person someone whose name I have come to know in the Rose, I
have realized anew how fortunate we are!

	And of course, there's no one like us to ask, for the getting of a good
review of us ourselves!  :-)  It's just an added nicety that it all happens to
be true.

	"Here's to us; who's like us?  Damned few--and they're all dead, God
rest 'em!"

	--George MacDonald Fraser

Cheers,
Meli