Re: Period Pick-up Sticks

> The good and lovely Lady Luisa O'Reilly has ask me to ask if any of the
> bright and knowledgable folks at the Rose know of any documenation for
> the game "Pick-up Sticks".
>
> Was it period ?  Was it called pick-up sticks then ?

These are very good questions, and as an owner of a set of
jackstraws, I, too, would like to know the answer.
I think the instructions that came with my set claims that
it's an American-Indian game, but modern game manufacturers
are notoriously loose with their documentation.
If I remember, I'll look up "jackstraws" in the OED tonight,
and check the list of games in Gargantua and Pantagruel.

-- Alfredo

--
Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia