Re: Re[2]: Merry Rose Denizens

> > > Next time ask me an easy question, like "what's the weight of the world?"

[...]
>      [Obviously, I made a mistake...I'm NOT going to start a thread on the
>      weight of the world, at least not intentionally.
>
>      Guys, it all depends on your frame of reference...but PLEASE, let this
>      thread DIE.  Since it DOES depend on your frame of reference, the only
>      way anybody's going to agree is if their FORs agree.]

I would be happy to let this thread die, but first I must address
some issues that you raise in your latest missive.

Firstly, I believe that if FOR is an abbreviation for Frame Of Reference,
pronounced /EFF OH ARR/, then the abbreviation for the plural Frames Of
Reference should be FsOR, pronounced /EFFSS OH ARR/.  This is also my
attitude towards AsOA and PsOW; I accept the fact that not everyone
agrees with me.

Secondly, all this talk of FsOR and gravity fields frightens and confuses
me.  <Looking about, wide-eyed, making vague warding gestures>
I don't recall Ptolomy writing anything about them.  Are these new
concepts from Galileo's book "A Dialogue Concerning Two Systems of
the World"?  (I haven't read it yet.)

Thirdly, does the parent of a thread hold any duties or priveliges
concerning the fate of that thread?  IMHO, the fate of the thread
is in its own hands the moment the original poster presses <SEND>.

Fourthly, the weight of the world consists of the responsibilities of
the Crown.  Vivant Galmr et Katharina!

-- Alfredo

--
Alfredo el Bufon