A Song ....

>Hey Michael!  Get up here by the fire!  Miriam's been asking for a song,
>should we give her one we rehearsed at Emerald?  How about "Lament for
>Lord Michael"?  :-) :-)
>
>--Landi

We should sing that one, [shuffle papers, shuffel papers] but I can't seem
to find the words to that right now and I don't trust my memory on the
middle verses.  [shuffle papers, shuffle papers]
How about this one until I can track down the other.
I think this one was once in the East Kingdom song book (Along with Hark the
Herald Alfgar Screams) and predates Atlantia becoming a kingdom.
((Rumor has it that it might even be related to some real event.))

 (I can't seem to remember who wrote this on so I will
have to dig that info up along with the other song's words and post it later)

Knitting Chainmail
(to the tune of City of New Orleans)

Oh I sit here at the counter with my cloak on and my sword,
My tunic and my hosen in my pack,
Drinking Coke and knitting chain mail just to keep from getting bored,
If my ride doesn't come I guess I'll have to go back.

(Chours)
Come on Anachronist where are ya,
Say can't you tell that I'm another one,
Knitting chainmail at a truck stop in New Jersey,
And I'll have done 5000 links when my coat is done.

Well some think its my religion and some think I'm in a play,
Some think that I'm a looney one the loose,
But I'm just one of Harold's Housecarls and I think I've lost my way,
I wish these locals would grant a poor saxon a truce.

(Chorus)

The revel's out there somewhere on the other side of town,
They said someone would meet me if I phoned,
Well I came down here by Greyhound cause my ox cart's broken down,
With a sword and a cloak in a truckstop you're awfully alone.

(Chorus)

Oh I sit here at the counter with my cloak on and my sword,
My tunic and my hosen in my pack,
Drinking Coke and knitting chainmail just to keep from getting bored,
If my ride doesn't come   I   guess   I'll   have    to     go       back.

Presented by
Michael of Hammond