Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 22:31:40 -0500
From: Robert D. Peckham <bobp@UTM.EDU>
To: Multiple recipients of list MEDTEXTL <MEDTEXTL@POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU>
Subject: Re: medieval food (partial summary)

Is there anything on medieval food we could possibly miss?

The 1995 ACTA proceedings (is this the one Mary-Jo Arn edited?).
I would suggest back issues of Fifteenth-Century Studies.
The rich commentary of MEDTEXTL members.

These and 2 WWW bibliographies pretty much cover print sources:

Bibliography of Books on the Topic of Medieval and Renaissance Food and Feasts:
http://paul.spu.edu/~kst/bib/feast.txt

Bibliography on cookery, wine, food, etc. (Thomas  Gloning -- April 1996):
http://www.uni-giessen.de/~g909/cookbib.htm

Then, there is a wealth of other meterial on the WWW, the big source being:

MEDIEVAL AND RENAISSANCE COOKING
http://www.lyseo.otol.fi/~clotilde/Food.html

There is, of course, more

Animation de banquets (Confrerie de la Malemort):
http://www.ciger.be/prov_nam/touring/malemort/fr/banquet.html

Kimberly Arnold, "Medieval Manners"
http://www.millersv.edu/~english/homepage/duncan/medfem/manners1.html

Le repas ceremoniel  recree Bethleem:
http://www.culture.fr/culture/noel/franc/ukraine.htm

Ben Stiles, "Women and Brewing in the Middle Ages":
http://www.millersv.edu/~english/homepage/duncan/medfem/brewing.html

HYPOCRAS L'Aperitif Mediéval
http://www.winevin.com/Hypocras/Hypocras.html

Medieval/Renaissance Brewing Homepage:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/brewing.html

A GRETE PYE:
http://diver.ocean.washington.edu/peterl/recipes/A_GRETE_PYE.html

Early Medieval Brewing
http://www.ftech.net/~regia/brewing.htm

TennesseeBob

Robert D. Peckham (bobp@utm.edu)
Editor: Societe Francois Villon, Bulletin
130 Laura Street    Martin, TN  38237  USA   Tel.(901) 587-6562