Re: DISC: To sig or Not To sig.

Greetings to the Merry Rose folk from Robyyan.

 -- g says much I agree with (because he's right) about how mailing lists
work.  But then he says:

> addresses at the end of messages; of the professional lists I've used,
> few readers have their addresses in their .signature files, if they
> have one at all. Signature files have been going out of style for
> quite a while.

My experience is very different.  I'm currently subscribed to >20
professional lists, some library lists, most computer oriented lists.
Use of a signature of some type, almost always including at least one
email address is nearly universal.  Signatures of more than 4 or 5 lines
at max are nearly unknown.
--
  Robyyan Torr d'Elandris  Kapellenberg, Windmaster's Hill  Atlantia
  Dennis R. Sherman  	         Triangle Research Libraries Network